1. Which of the conclusions about the measure of angles w, x, y, and z are true? Select all that apply.
A. If angle w is obtuse then angle z is acute.
B. If angle x is acute then angle y is obtuse.
C. The measure of angle w is the same as the measure of angle z.
D. If angle y is acute then angle z is obtuse.
2. Which conclusion about the measure of angles u, v, w, x, y, and z in the figure shown is true?
A. The sum of the measure of angle x and the measure of angle z is 180°.
B. The sum of the measure of angle w and the measure of angle y is 180°.
C. The sum of the measures of angles y, x, and u is 180°.
D. The sum of the measure of angle x and the measure of angle y is 180°.
3. A student needed to find the measure of angle b. He incorrectly said m ∠ b = 125°.
a. Find the correct measure of angle b.
b. What mistake did he likely make?
A. He subtracted 55° from 90° instead of 180°.
B. He subtracted 55° from 180° instead of 90°.
C. He added 55° to 180° instead of 90°.
D. He added 55° to 90° instead of 180°.
4. A dog house is at the center of a yard. The dog buried bones at each of the points. Use the geometric figure to decide which of the conclusions about the locations of the bones are true. Select all that apply.
A. The angle from bone s to bone t is the same as the angle from bone q to bone v.
B. Bone q is 180° away from bone s.
C. The angle from bone r to bone t is the same as the angle from bone u to bone r.
D. Bone r is 90° away from bone v.
5. In the figure, m ∠ y = 22°. Round the measure of ∠ y to the nearest 10° to estimate the measure of ∠ x.
a. Estimate the measure of ∠ y.
b. Estimate the measure of ∠ x.
c. Find the exact measure of ∠ x.