1. Find the area of the shaded semicircle. Use 3.14 for π. Round to the nearest hundredth.
2. Find the area of this semicircle with the given diameter. Use 3.14 for π.
3. Find the area of this quarter circle. Use 3.14 for π.
4. The area of a circle is 136 square feet. What is the area of a quarter circle with the same radius?
5. A decorative tile features an image meant to resemble a butterfly. The wings are two semicircles, each with radius 6.7 centimeters. The head is a quarter circle with radius 3.3 centimeters. What is the total area of the butterfly image on the tile? Use 3.14 for π. Round to the nearest hundredth.
6. A water sprinkler sends water out in a semicircular pattern. How large is the watered area if the radius of the watering pattern is 6.5 m? Use 3.14 for π. Round to the nearest hundredth.
7. Error Analysis For homework last night, Aziz needed to find the area of the shaded quarter of this circle using 3.14 for π. He incorrectly claimed the area was 3,629.84 in.2.
a. Find the correct area of the quarter circle.
b. What errors could Aziz have made?
A. He could have used 68 in. instead of 34 in. for the radius.
B. He could have found the area of the circle, not the quarter circle.
C. He could have not squared the radius.
D. He could have used 34 in. instead of 68 in. for the radius.