1. The variable y is in a proportional relationship with x. The number of squares represents an x-value. The number of ovals represents the corresponding y-value. Identify the constant of proportionality.
2. Suppose the relationship between x and y is proportional. When x is 6, y is 78. Identify the constant of proportionality of y to x.
3. Since a middle school opened, the girls’ basketball team has had the same record every season. The team has won a total of 169 games while losing only 13 games. Find the constant of proportionality of wins to losses.
4. Does the table show a proportional relationship? If so, what is the constant of proportionality of y to x?
5. The distance a jet aircraft flies has a proportional relationship with its number of hours in flight. The table shows the number of miles flown for a number of hours in flight.
a. Find the constant of proportionality.
b. How long will the jet take to travel 4,620 miles?
6. The height of a stack of DVD cases is in a proportional relationship to the number of cases in the stack. A stack of 6 cases and its height are shown.
a. What is the constant of proportionality in millimeters per DVD case?
b. What is the height of 13 DVD cases in millimeters?
7. Estimation The graph shows the number of calories burned while running. Estimate the constant of proportionality of calories burned to time spent running.
a. The constant of proportionality is about how many calories per minute?
b. What does the point (35, 315) represent?
A. 315 calories burned in 35 minutes
B. 35 calories burned in 315 minutes
C. 315 calories burned in 1 minute