1. Find the initial value of the linear function y equals 3 x plus 5 .
2. What linear function has initial value 2?
A. y equals 3 x plus 2
B. y equals minus 2 x en dash 3
C. y equals minus 3 x en dash 2
D. y equals 2 x plus 3
3. Use the graph to answer the following questions.
a. Find the rate of change of the linear function.
b. Find the initial value of the linear function.
4. The graph models the height h, in meters, of a hot air balloon, t minutes after beginning to descend. How high was the balloon when it began its descent?
5. Writing The linear function in the graph models the temperature T at t hours after noon on an autumn day.
a. Find the initial value of the function.
b. What does this initial value represent?
A. The temperature at ten
B. The total change in temperature
C. The temperature at noon
D. The amount of time that passes
c. Sketch a graph with an initial value greater than the initial value in this graph.
d. Describe a situation that your graph could model. What can you conclude about the temperature in your graph?
6. Think About the Process The linear function y equals 70 plus , 4 fifths , x models y, the height of an elevator in feet, after x seconds.
a. Which property lets you rewrite the equation in y equals m x plus b form?
b. What is the initial value of the function?
c. What does the initial value represent?