1. The value of y is four more than x.
a. Represent this relationship using a table.
b. Represent this relationship using an equation.
c. Draw the graph that represents this relationship.
2. Graph the linear equation y equals negative 2 x plus 3 .
3. Consider the equation y equals , 1 half , x minus 2. Describe the linear relationship between x and y.
A. y is two less than two times x.
B. y is two less than one half of x.
C. x is two less than one half of y.
D. y is two more than one half of x.
4. Estimation While exploring a planet, a robot descends at a rate of 213 feet every 2.7 hours from a hill peak 1,190 feet above sea level. Round to the nearest 10 feet and the nearest whole hour.
a. Represent the relationship using a table. List the values that will complete the table.
b. Represent the robot's elevation y after x hours using an equation.
c. Draw the graph that represents the relationship.
d. How long will it take the robot to reach the base of the hill?
5. Graph the linear equation y equals 4.5 x plus 2.5 .
6. Suppose each side of a pentagon has length x. Let y be the perimeter of the pentagon. Use the table to relate the independent variable x to the dependent variable y.
a. Describe the relationship in words.
b. Write an equation that represents the relationship.
7. Graph the linear equation y equals negative 6 x .
8. Ashley wants to figure out how much she spends each month on her car. Her monthly car payment is $247.75, and she puts $55 into a savings account each month for emergency repairs. The average cost of gas is $3.11 per gallon.
a. Write an expression that describes the total spent, y, in terms of the number of gallons of gas Ashley buys, x.
b. Complete the table.
c. Draw a graph that represents the relationship between the total Ashley spends and the number of gallons she purchases.