1. A farmer has 28 bushels of apples and can harvest 24 bushels of apples each day. In how many days will he have more than 100 bushels to sell? What inequality represents this situation?
A. 24 n minus 28 greater than or equal to 100
B. 24 n plus 28 less than or equal to 100
C. 100 minus 24 n less than 28
D. 24 n plus 28 greater than 100
2. Which situation below does the inequality 9.65 , n plus 38 greater than or equal to 175 represent?
A. Your weekly paycheck is at least $175. You make $9.65 an hour. How many hours do you work each week if $33 is taken out for taxes and $5 is taken out for savings?
B. A ticket for a concert costs $38. There is a $6.65 tax and a $3 parking fee on the total order. How many tickets should you buy if you want to spend at most $175?
C. You need to save at least $175. You have $33 and a friend gives you $5. How many hours do you have to work if you make $9.65 an hour?
3. A restaurant manager needs to rope off a rectangular section for a private party. The length of the section must be 5.7 m. The manager can use no more than 19 m of rope. Which inequality could you use to find the possible widths of the roped-off section?
A. 5.7 plus 2 w greater than or equal to 19
B. 11.4 , plus w greater than or equal to 19
C. 11.4 , plus 2 w less than or equal to 19
D. 5.7 plus w less than or equal to 19
4. Think About the Process The inequalities 1 fifth , x plus 7 less than or equal to 11 and negative , 1 fifth , x minus 7 greater than or equal to negative 11 share the same solutions.
a. What are the solutions for and
b. How can you tell before performing the calculations that the inequalities have the same solutions?
a. Solve the inequality 4 x plus 6 greater than 22 .
b. Solve the inequality − negative 3 x plus 20 less than 8 .
c. Compare the solutions for 4 x plus 6 greater than 22 and negative 3 x plus 20 less than 8 .
A. The inequalities have some common solutions.
B. The inequalities have the same solutions.
C. The inequalities have no common solutions.
D. The inequalities have one common solution.
6. Write, solve, and graph the inequality. 6 times a number plus 22 is greater than 7.
a. Which inequality models the statement?
A. 6 x plus 22 greater than 7
B. 6 x plus 22 less than or equal to 7
C. 6 x plus 22 greater than or equal to 7
D. 6 x plus 22 less than 7
b. Which inequality represents the solutions?
A. x greater than or equal to , 5 halves
B. x less than or equal to negative , 5 halves
C. x greater than negative , 5 halves
D. x less than , 5 halves
c. Which of the following is the graph of the solutions?