1. In the graph shown, the post office is located at P and the market is located at Q. The axes show distances in miles. Find the distance in miles from the post office to the market.
2. Find the distance between P and Q.
3. Is this triangle isosceles, scalene, or equilateral? (Figure 1)
4. Reasoning You are on your way back to school from a field trip to the zoo. The point P on the graph represents the location of your school. You are on the bus located at point Q. Your friend is on the bus located at point R.
a. Who is closer to the school?
b. Explain your reasoning.
5. Think About the Process Suppose your home is located at H. The park is 3.6 miles east of your home. The library is 4.8 miles north of the park.
a. How can you use a coordinate plane to map the distance from the library to your home?
b. What is the distance from the library to your home?