1. Find the surface area of the prism.
2. Gift Wrapping A gift box has the shape of a rectangular prism. How much wrapping paper do you need to cover the box?
3. A block of wood has the shape of a triangular prism. The bases are right triangles. Find its surface area.
4. Find the surface area of the triangular prism. The base of the prism is an isosceles triangle.
5. Find the lateral area of the triangular prism.
6. Multiple Representations The figure is not to scale.
a. Find the surface area of the rectangular prism.
b. Use pencil, paper, and a ruler. Draw a net for the prism that is to scale. Then draw a more accurate sketch of the prism.
7. Open-Ended Design your own backyard shed in the shape of a cube. Choose exact dimensions for your shed. Find the lateral area and surface area of the cube on which you based your design. Then find the ratio of its lateral area to its surface area. The ratio in simplest form is :.
8. Sculpture An artist wants to make a hollow metal sculpture in the shape of a rectangular prism, not including the bases at the top and bottom. The sculpture is to be 20.3 cm long, 20.1 cm wide, and 39.5 tall. How much metal does the artist need to make the sculpture?