1. Which of the following is a pair of corresponding angles?
A. ∠5 and ∠6
B. ∠6 and ∠7
C. ∠6 and ∠8
D. ∠1 and ∠4
2. Find the measure of ∠u given that p vertical line vertical line q .
3. Streets A and B run parallel to each other. The measure of ∠8 is 23°. The measure of ∠6 is 157°. Find the measure of ∠2.
4. Find m∠v given that p vertical line vertical line q , m∠u = 75.8°, and m∠w = 104.2°.
a. Writing Find the alternate interior angles in the figure shown, given that m vertical line vertical line n . Which are the alternate interior angles? List all that apply.
b. Describe a situation where you would use a transversal to cut a pair of parallel lines.
6. Error Analysis On a recent math test a teacher asked for the measure of ∠w. In the figure, p vertical line vertical line q . Jacob incorrectly said that the measure was 101°.
a. Find the measure of ∠w.
b. Which error might Jacob have made?
7. Rainbows When sunlight enters a drop of rain, different colors of light leave the drop at different angles, making a rainbow. In the figure shown, lines m and n represent the sun's rays. Assume that lines m and n are parallel and you are standing at point A.
a. For violet light at point B, m∠2 = 27° and m∠3 = 153°. What is m∠1?
b. Justify how you can determine m∠1.