1. The points (15, 21) and (25, 35) form a proportional relationship.
a. Find the slope of the line through the points.
b. Draw a graph which represents this relationship.
2. Your neighbor burns 117 Calories in 13 minutes cross-country skiing. There is a proportional relationship between Calories burned and time.
a. Find the unit rate.
b. Draw a graph which represents the relationship between time and Calories burned.
3. The graph represents an object slowing to a stop. Find two points on the line and use them to find the slope of the line.
4. Think About the Process The graph shows the relationship between the cost in dollars of the taxi ride and the distance in miles the taxi travels.
a. How can you find the slope of the line?
b. What is the slope?
5. Error Analysis A question on a test asks students to find the speed at which a car travels. The graph shows a proportional relationship between the distance traveled in miles and time in hours. Anna incorrectly says that the speed of the car is 1 sixty fourth mile per hour.
a. What is the speed of the car?
b. What error might Anna have made?
6. Writing The graph shows a proportional relationship between the number of workers and weekly cost in dollars for a company.
a. Use the points (7, 5,250) and (12, 9,000) to find the weekly cost for the company for each worker.
b. Describe what a unit rate is used for.