1. Given ΔJKL∼ΔXYZ, find the possible coordinates for point Y. Select all that apply.
A. (−4, −2)
B. (−0, 2)
C. (0, 2)
D. (−4, 2)
2. The scale of a map is 1 cm = 80 km. What is the actual distance between two towns that are 4 cm apart on the map?
3. Find the distance d. Assume that the ratio of d to 120 ft is the same as the ratio of 50 ft to 40 ft. Simplify your answer.
4. Barbara photographs a bird. The bird measures 8.8 cm in the photo and is actually 30.5 cm tall. Approximately how long is the bird's beak if it measures 1.1 cm in the photo? Round to two decimal places as needed.
5. Given ΔJKL∼ΔXYZ, a student was asked to find the possible coordinates for point Y. She incorrectly said the only possible set of coordinates for point Y is (1, 1).
a. Find the possible coordinates for point Y. Select all that apply.
A. (−3, −1)
B. (1, 1)
C. (−1, 1)
D. (−3, 1)
b. What mistake might the student have made?
6. You are building a triangular patio from a blueprint with base 5 in. and height 7 in. The base of the patio is going to be 10 ft. What will be the height of the patio, h?
7. You are making a scale drawing of your yard. Your yard is 25 ft by 45 ft. In the drawing the 25 ft dimension is 5 in. What should the length of the 45 ft dimension be in the drawing?